Wednesday, June 3, 2009


Wowsers! Has it really been 3 weeks?!?!
I've been a very naughty blogger lately (I blame my mom; she blames the computer). So much has happened that I don't know if I can remember it all, but I'll try.

Where to start? Where to start?

So, my parents took their exams in May. While they studied, I got to go on an extended sleepover at my Aunt Debbie's house (thank you, Aunt Debbie!). I wuff Aunt Debbie, my grandmom Siren, my dad Owe'n, my cousin Harlow, and Jaeger. Plus, Aunt Debbie takes fantastic pictures, and my sleepover was no exception.
Harlow and I raced through the tall grass . . .
. . . practiced synchronized jumping . . .
. . . and played keep-away from Jaeger!

After my parents finished their exams, I got to come home to Baltimore. With the new enforcement of the leash laws, my mom has to be a bit more resourceful in finding places and ways to exercise me. One of the best ways is to take really, really long walks around the Harbor. Depending on our route, we walk anywhere between one to five miles. We stop at different parks for about ten minutes here and there so that I can run off-leash, but then it's back to the walk. I'm enjoying myself and am in better shape than usual. My mom says it's because I'm being forced to move instead of stopping to eat sticks.

My mom really shouldn't complain so much. Eating a few sticks here and there obviously didn't hurt me that much because . . .
. . . I won Best Bitch at a conformation show in Manassas, VA! More points towards my championship! This is a picture of me with my Aunt Melissa. She's one of my most favorite people.

My littermate Rocky won Best of Breed. A one-two punch for the Captivatin' crew! Rocky is so gorgeous and successful that there should be "Rocky-licious fan club." Even though he is my brother, I would totally join!

When I got back from my shows, I found out that my aunt Emily had moved into our house. I wasn't so sure who she was or why she was there. I mean, having her there changed everything: my parents took my bed out of the office, Emily stole my spot on the sofa when we watched TV, and she even came with us on our walks! But, over time, I got to like her, especially because she would give me food when my mom and dad weren't looking (yummy!). She didn't stay very long because she had to start a new job, but it was nice to have her visit.

I saved the biggest (worst) news for last: two weeks ago, my dad left to take a graduate class and attend a conference in Hong Kong. My mom thought that I would stop missing my dad after a day or so, but I've been a wreck. I can't eat; I can't sleep. I just miss him all the time. Every time I hear a someone "beep" their car to lock it, I think it's him and run to the door. I cry and whine and cry for him to come in the door, but when my mom opens it, there isn't anyone there. My mom talks to him everyday on the computer, so I get to hear his voice and see him on the computer screen. But every time I try to give him a kiss, this weird flat glass thing gets in the way. I can't wait for him to come home so I can give him a real kiss.
And I'm giving you fair warning dad, the kiss will probably end up in your mouth. I mean, a girl can only hold out for so long!


  1. Glad you are back! What great photos :)

  2. Thanks, Amanda! My Aunt Debbie took the pictures. She's a fantastic V-tographer!