Sunday, April 5, 2009

Prayers for my friend Wrigby

This morning, I found out that one of my good park friends Wrigby (20 month-old boxer) is very sick. He contracted spinal meningitis two weeks ago and had to undergo an emergency spinal surgery to save his life. The doctors said that he's out of danger, but he's still not doing well. Although he regained slight movement in his front legs, he still can't move his back legs at all. The doctors don't know if he will ever be able to walk again, but I really hope that he can. Right now, all he can do is scoot around on the ground and drag his back legs behind him. Wrigby's parents are hopeful. They bring him to the park so that he can see his friends in the hope that seeing them will make him work harder to walk again.

Please, please, please say some prayers for my friend Wrigby and his parents.

The surgery cost thousands of dollars, but thankfully Wrigby's parents had pet insurance. I'm scared to think of what might have happened to Wrigby if they didn't have insurance and couldn't pay for the surgery. My mom says that this is yet another example of why all pet owners should get pet insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment