Monday, May 9, 2011

PSA: Puppy Service Announcement

My mom, dad and I went for an amazing hike on my favorite trail up in Carroll County over the weekend.  I wish my mom had brought the camera, but it was sitting on the dining room table with a dead battery.  I hiked over hills and through the woods, squeezed through narrow trails, raced through the open fields, hopped like a kangaroo through tall grasses, hunted for small critters, swam in the creek, and ran back and forth, back and forth, back and forth on the foot-bridge as my dad tightroped across the river/creek on the suspended wire.  Crazy dad. 

Apparently, I had so much fun that some "friends" decided to hitch a ride back to my house.  Deer ticks.  Yup, you heard me.  The teeny-tiny-microscopic kind that can make you very, very sick.  My dad found one on my ear in the parking lot before we got in the car. After searching for ticks for over 15-minutes (on me and themselves), we headed home sure that we were in the clear.  But my mom found three more ticks at our house on Sunday morning. They are out in full force, so make sure that your flea and tick prevention meds are up to date.  Lyme disease is nothing to sneeze at. 

Just a Puppy Service Announcement.

Now it's time to get out and enjoy that beautiful weather! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the PSA. It is prevalent in our area also. Lyme disease is no joke. I had it as a young guy and now have arthritis. It makes it very difficult to keep up with the young pups.

    Peter (a PA Aussie)

    ReplyDelete