Friday, December 17, 2010

Racing with blinders on

 My friends and I found a new hiking trail last weekend.  We loved it so much that we went back again this past Saturday.  I think it's going to be a regular hiking trail for us.  
The trail winds through a forest and around really pretty waterways.
Khan, Colby and I had fun exploring the water and riverbanks, and the trail offered great opportunities to play chase games.
Colby (yellow collar) and Khan (red collar)
The boys ran around like mad men, and I raced through the woods the opposite way to cut them off.

I ran and ran and ran and ran. 
And then, I made the silly mistake of closing my eyes as I was leaping over a small patch of leaves.
BAM!!!!
And, I ran smack into my mom and her camera.  Ouch.
 After a day like today, the only reasonable thing for a girl to do is to wrap up in a blanket and lounge in her bed under the heating vent.  Ahh....

2 comments:

  1. OOOH! I hope that didn't hurt! It sure looked like a fun day though!

    Keep warm today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! Stay warm & have a happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete