Monday, June 29, 2009

Daring Rescue!

About a week ago, my mom’s friend Karen came across an advertisement on Craigslist seeking to “rehome” an 18-month old Vizsla. Miss Karen doesn’t own a Vizsla, but she knows owning a vizsla requires a lot of hard work, dedication, and prior knowledge of the breed. She told my mom about the poor guy and asked my mom to help. My mom contacted the dog’s owner, gave him the contact information for the Conestoga Vizsla Club’s rescue group, and also contacted the rescue coordinator. I am happy to report that my mom received an email from the CVC rescue coordinator letting us know that the dog was taken into rescue.

This prompts my mom to make an important service announcement: While vizslas are a beautiful, loving, and fantastic breed, they require a lot of special attention, care, love, and exercise. Please, please, please do your research before adding a Vizsla to your family.

Like my Aunt Debbie says, “A vizsla isn’t just a dog. It’s a way of life."

Many thanks to Dennis's mom for recommending this video:


If you need to rehome your vizsla, please click here to find contact information for the vizsla rescue coordinator closest to you.

2 comments:

  1. My wife thinks everyone who wants a vizsla should be directed to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSm5-e7uga4 ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dennis! Tell your mom that it's a great video and that I'll put it in the post.

    Kisses,
    Laila

    ReplyDelete