Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

Camp Hashawa is a beautiful place to go for a hike.
It has 320 acres of forests, fields, meadows, wetlands, ponds, gardens and mowed grass.
Visitors can enjoy all 320 acres except for the 31 acres in the private, restricted area. The Wilderness Trail is 2.2 miles long, but there are three separate trails that you can follow.
It is not an off-leash park, but my parents let me run through the fields as long as I maintained good recall.
Being a beautiful hunting dog, I had to get suited up with my orange reflective hunting collar for safety and so that my parents could see me.
I don't know if they let people hunt on the land, but we definitely heard a few gun shots while we were hiking, so the hunting collar was a good choice.

Once I was suited up, we headed to the fields.
My instincts kicked in.
Time to hunt for birds and bunnies!
I love, love, love fields.
Weee! Leaping like a lion!
Flying through the field!
Working . . .
What next, mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment